In this cut-throat competitive world, companies need to offer top-notch services and also save time. Automation allows companies to do better on both fronts. It manages trivial tasks such as data entry, payroll management, form filling, gathering customer-centric information. This allows the workforce to focus on other jobs that require human ingenuity. It allows the management to base their decisions on well-researched data and forecast how the industry will shape in the coming times.
This article will focus on how CRM software helps companies on the following fronts:
- Marketing automation
- Salesforce automation
- Customer support automation
Marketing automation software enables sending timely emails, notifications, reminders, alerts. This feature allows customers to know about the company’s products and services and how they can transform the customer’s life. The other reasons why gentle reminders are for a company’s functioning are:
- CRM software automatically sends a pay the bill link to the customers fail to/forget to pay the bill.
- Some customers keep products in their wish list but don’t buy them. CRM software sends them periodic emails that increase the buying rate of such products.
- Drip email campaign is one of the most useful CRM applications. It allows companies to send a pre-written set of messages to customers over a while.
CRM systems create appropriate target segments that allow marketers to brainstorm effective marketing strategies. It helps them focus on product niches that have a higher purchase rate. Numerous CRM applications monitor the changing business landscape, crunch it into numbers, and present it in the form of easy-to-understand reports.
Automation is transforming salesforce too. Earlier, the salespeople had to focus on multiple things such as:
- Gathering customer information
- Segregating the customer information according to the set parameters
- Sending reports to the manager
But automation has taken over all the functions mentioned above. It collects customer-centric information, stores them in a single repository, and shares it with authorized business stakeholders — frontline executives, C-suite executives, vendors, suppliers, distributors, customers, etc., thereby allowing different departments to work as a cohesive unit. It prepares a list of probable prospects based on their likes, dislikes, wish lists, and other demographic and geographic factors that allow the sales team to focus their efforts only on those prospects that have a high probability of converting into paying customers.
CRM software also sends crucial business reports to sales managers, that includes the following data:
- Number of calls made by each sales executive.
- Customer visits by each sales executive.
- Marketing resources shared in a day/week/month/quarter.
- Prospect to customer ratio.
- Company resources used by each sales executive.
- Comparison with last month or last year’s sales figures.
- Monitors how the competitors are performing.
- Suggests ways on how to improve sales performance.
Since the CRM system manages the functions as mentioned above automatically, sales executives can focus on essential things like:
a. Building a personal rapport with customers.
b. Conducting face-to-face meetings or video-conferences with customers.
c. Creating effective Up-sell and Cross-sell opportunities that help increase revenue considerably.
d. Earning referrals from existing customers.
CRM software also allows managers to download KPI reports for each member of the sales team. It facilitates efficient monitoring of the sales team and thus allows managers to take corrective action when needed.
Customer Service Automation
Customer service is gaining vast importance in the business world today. You must have heard the following slogans like “Customer is the king,” “Customer rules,” etc. This has happened because customers have numerous options in their hands. If you fail to develop a desirable product or don’t provide world-class customer service, many other industry players will fill that need.
Once the customer buys a product or subscribes to a service, they expect the company to handhold the customer and provide help whenever they need it. If the company repeatedly fails to do so, it will lose its loyal customers who share lousy word-of-mouth. This is where a company falls into a vicious trap.
CRM software enables companies to provide first-grade support services. The following are the ways in which it does so:
- CRM systems have chatbots that converse with customers naturally. They collect information from clients, provide them on-the-spot answers. This information is used to create and update FAQs that serve as one-stop-solution. Banks are extensively using chatbots as they allow customers to get account statements and learn about the bank’s various deposit schemes from the comfort of their home.
- If the customer asks a tough question, the CRM system automatically transfers the call to a free agent who can then provide direct assistance. This makes the work of the support team easy as they get details of the customer beforehand. Thus, they have enough time in their hands to search for a suitable solution.
- CRM software also assists the support service team by providing ready-made solutions. It provides tips, tricks, and suggests strategies to deal with customers, especially angry ones, because they can spread bad word-of-mouth if not serviced properly.
- In the times of the COVID-19 pandemic, when service agents face difficulties in traveling, CRM systems have come as a boon. The support team can easily prepare a troubleshooting algorithm and send it across to the client either in a textual or video format. The client can read or see the solution step-by-step and do away with the problem.
CRM systems enable businesses to automate trivial tasks, allowing employees to focus on functions that require human intelligence, strong business fundamentals, and forecasting capabilities. CRM software is more efficient and faster than humans. Also, It does not introduce human errors. Companies can save on their salaries and adhere to government rules as well.