Having an experienced lawyer will help you get the best offer of settlements. Many of us tend to employ a personal lawyer to claim for the loss after being in a car accident. Yet it’s still expensive to hire a lawyer.
That’s why people search for the answer on how to claim compensation without a lawyer. If after a car accident you are not seriously injured then Yes, without a lawyer you can request for your loss. You can also save thousands of dollars that you would have to pay to hire an attorney.
In this article, we ‘re going to discuss how to make pain and suffering claim without a lawyer.
What are pain and suffering?
Pain and suffering are generally considered as noneconomical damage. For example, you have been injured in a car accident, but there is no damage to the car. You just had minor injuries like physical pain and mental distress.
Depending on the type of injuries, pain and suffering damages are determined. Since pain and suffering damages are not economical, many people prefer to claim without a lawyer. So, it important to know how to claim it without a lawyer.
Do You need to hire a lawyer or not
As I said, hiring a lawyer is expensive. You must know whether you should consider hiring a lawyer or not. However, you can employ a lawyer depending on the type of cases. It will save you time. Moreover, there is a better chance that you will get the best result possible.
By considering the following factors, you can determine whether you should hire a lawyer or not.
- If you are seriously injured, then you may consider hiring a lawyer. Because with serious injuries, you will not be able to fight for your case.
- To fight your case on your own requires a lot of evidence related to the accident. Collecting all the evidence is not an easy task. If you are not an expert, it will take more time to collect all the evidence. If you are facing difficulties while collecting relevant information, then you should consider hiring a lawyer.
- If you are planning to fight for your case, you must prove that the other driver is responsible for the accident. Having proper proof against the driver will make it easier. But if the other driver files a case against you, then your case will be difficult. So, if you are facing this kind of situation, you should hire a lawyer.
- Determining the exact amount of pain and suffering is not easy. If you can’t determine the precise amount, you may need to hire a personal lawyer.
How to claim pain and suffering without an attorney
Fighting for your case is not so difficult. To make pain and suffering claim, you have to write a demand letter to the other driver who is responsible for the accident or to the insurance company.
In the demand letter, you must include pain and suffering claim amount. The following document also needs to be attached to the demand letter.
Supporting documents are essentialbecause, without it, you will not be able to prove your pain and suffering. If you have all the supporting documents, the insurance company will consider your pain and suffering claim. The following documents can be regarded as supporting documents.
• Collect your doctor’s report.
• Collect Statement from the witness.
• Capture photos of your injuries.
• Collect police reports.
• Collect all the medical records and receipts
Statement of pain and suffering
When you decide to fight for your case, you must specify why are you demanding the value of your pain and suffering. To determine the reason for claiming the benefit, you can explain your physical conditions and how it is affecting your daily activities. You can also define your future medical treatment cost if your injury is for a long time.
When you’ve been in an accident,you can claim pain and suffering without a lawyer. You don’t need to be a lawyer to fight for your case. Instead, you only need to know court rules and regulations. I already discussed how to do pain and distress lawsuits without a lawyer in this post. I hope that considering the factors above will help you get the best outcome.