QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is a common error in the QuickBooks application software that arises when a user tries to access the business reports or files from the application. The screen displays a pop-up message for the indication of the error: “QuickBooks has detected an unexpected error and needs to be closed.”
The QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can be very annoying when a user performing an important task on the application. It will result in the delay of the assigned work and unnecessary consumption of business hours. This error can be caused by numerous factors in the application.
Causes of the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The following are the possible causes of the occurrence of this error:
- An out-dated version of the QuickBooks application.
- The older version of the Windows operating system.
- When a user trying to send payroll through Direct Deposits.
- When the user is creating a backup file in the application.
- Existence of malware or virus in the system.
- Inaccurate firewall settings.
- Faulty Anti-virus settings.
- Numerous programs are opened in the background.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The following are the signs and symptoms of this error:
- Crashing down of the QuickBooks application software.
- Freeze the screen periodically for a few seconds, and sometimes, even for minutes.
- Windows becomes unresponsive.
- The error message displays on your computer screen that prompt you with the occurrence of the error.
Solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Below are the solutions that will help to resolve this error:
Solution 1. Improve the QuickBooks Desktop
- Proceed with improving your QuickBooks installation process.
- Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on your computer.
- Re-install a clean download process of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Verify if the issue resolves or not.
Solution 2. Quench the Desktop
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ key and hold it.
- Double-click on the icon of the QuickBooks application program.
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ key again.
- From the ‘No Company’ folder, choose the company file.
- Press the ‘Alt’ key and hold it.
- Click ‘Open’ to open the company file.
- Unhold the key ‘Alt’.
- Enter the user name and a strong password.
- Check if the issue resolves or not.
Solution 3. Create a sample company file.
- Go to the QuickBooks and select the ‘No Company’ window.
- Open the sample file.
- Select any sample file from the list.
For copying company files into separate destinations:
- Right-click on the desktop screen.
- Select the ‘New’ folder and search for the ‘QBTEST’ folder.
- Click to open it.
- Right-click on the file and from the drop-down list, click copy.
- Paste the copied company file to the QBTEST folder.
- Open the company file that you pasted in the folder.
- Check if the issue still exists or resolves.
This article has covered approximately every information and solution regarding the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. There is a similar error called QuickBooks Error 80070057 that users tens to face. If you still get any trouble or want any professional help or guidance, you can freely reach out to this number: 1-877-349-3776.