Offshore development is the hottest trend in the field of mobile app and software development industry. This trend has helped many companies to relieve themselves from the hassle of setting up an infrastructure, recruiting designing, development, and other professionals, and look after other overheads.
In simple words, offshore development is the process of developing a software or app by establishing a virtual office, known as an offshore development center, at a remote location. This is probably the best option for companies that don’t have long-term software development requirements.
There are a number of custom mobile app development companies that offer offshore development services. Such companies help you to build your own software development team remotely while giving complete control in your hands.
Advantages of offshore development
- Cost-effective- Cost-effectiveness is one of the key benefits of offshore development services. It offers you the opportunity to hire dedicated and experienced developers at a reasonable price. You don’t need to worry about the infrastructure cost, maintenance overheads, recruitment cost, admin overheads, and financial and legal compliances.
- On-demand setup-Offshore development center minimizes the hassle of finding an office space and then arranging the required resources. All you have to do is to provide your resources requirement to the company offering ODC services, and it will arrange the same for you.
- Quick development- Having everything ready in just one month or less makes you kick start your project in no time, which ultimately cuts down the development time and cost.
- Control over your project- While most people think that they might not get control over their designing or development team working at the ODC, it is totally a misconception. You are the one to decide their roles and responsibilities, working hours, and other criteria.
- Access to global talent- Choosing an ODC over outsourcing your project gives you the benefit of accessing to the skilled professionals, working dedicatedly on your project, around the world. Simply interview the shortlisted profiles shared by your offshore development company and build up your software development team.
- Scalability- Scalability is yet another amazing advantage of ODC. At times, you might need to scale up or scale down your development team to meet the changing requirements of your project. With an ODC, it is as simple as boiling water.
4 Factors to Consider While Hiring an Offshore Development Company
- Define your requirements
Before headhunting for the potential offshore development companies, write down your requirements. Make a written proposal highlighting your particular goals, the type of project you want to hand over, how will your project grow, challenges you are facing, and all other points related to the project. Besides this, have a clear view of team size, skills required in the professionals, and other main details.
- Examine their management capabilities
After narrowing down the list of offshore development companies, dig deeper to know their management capabilities. Also, take account of other factors such as time zone differences, geographical distances, language and cultural distances, and how the company manages its services. Go for the one you believe can manage their administrative tasks with the utmost perfection and diligence.
- Learn to differentiate between cheap and cost-effective
When it comes to availing any service, the cost is the prime concern for many. But, in the case of hiring an offshore development company, give priority to accessing the right talent for your project. To understand the importance of this factor, let’s take an example.
Company A charges 50% more than company B but offers three times better outcomes and great ROI.
Which among the two will you choose? Obviously, company A; because it’s a one-time investment. On the other hand, company B might charge you less but cannot guarantee the success of your project or its timely delivery, which would ultimately impact the total cost of development.
- Think about the long-term goals and strategize accordingly
We agree that you hire an offshore development company for a short project, but it is recommended to focus on future goals. That’s because you are investing in a permanent team that will work full-time on your project. It has been observed that most of the offshore development contracts run even after the project finishes (sometimes to maintain the software and offer support for the same). Therefore, we are advising you to make long-term goals considering the flexibility, adaptability, and scalability in mind.
How to find a reliable offshore development company?
Do a thorough research on the web to find out top offshore development companies in your desired country. Check their portfolio and testimonials to know whether they are trustworthy or not. Also, ask your references (colleagues or acquaintances) for the same.
Last but not the least; keep the points given in this article in mind to end up with the one that offers a combination of quality and cost, while fulfilling all your software development requirements. Also, it is advised to be open with your offshore development service provider and discuss all your priorities and requirements in advance.
Why prefer ODC over freelance developers?
If you are thinking that establishing your offshore development center and hiring freelance developers both are the same things, then you are completely wrong. In the former case, you have the complete authority and control over your team. On the contrary, the latter doesn’t give you the same benefit. These developers work in their own way to develop your project.
Another difference- with an ODC, you hire dedicated developers who work only on your project, which is not the same in the case of a freelancer. They might work on multiple projects simultaneously, which might affect the quality of the project.
Professional recruited to build your offshore development team are experienced (since you hire them after a thorough interview) and adept in their area of work. On the other hand, you cannot be sure of the same in the case of a freelancer.
Hire an offshore development company today!
The Bottom Line
Want to develop an app or software at a cost-effective price and with complete control in your hands but don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up an office or recruiting the team? Well, an offshore development center is a perfect solution for you. Yes, it is the talk of the town for a couple of years now. Read this article to know more about offshore development and what to keep in mind while choosing a custom mobile app development company that offers these services.